Who doesn’t love a good steak, right? John and I certainly do! Most recently we’ve been indulging in the grass-fed organic meat that we buy from the local farmers’ market. It’s delicious and honestly pretty wild how different and rich it tastes compared to what you usually find at a local food store. Don’t believe me? Check out the pictures below and tell me that meat doesn’t look delish! And if you still don’t believe it, go buy yourself a piece of grass-fed organic steak and then we can talk. =D
John and I made the below recipe with oven roasted asparagus and brussels sprouts and a delicious veggie potato bake. The combo was really yummy. Nothing like steak and potatoes to fill you up on a lazy Sunday afternoon – I hope you enjoy the recipe!
Steak in Garlic Butter Sauce
Ingredients for Steak:
- 2 Steaks (about 4 lbs., the cut of meat is your choice)
- 2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp. Pepper
- 2 tsp. Salt (however, if you are cooking grass-fed organic meat, do not use salt! It will dry out the meat. Salt it when it’s done instead.)
Ingredients for Garlic Butter Sauce:
- ¾ cup grass-fed organic butter (you can use standard butter, but grass-fed organic just tastes so much better so I use it on special occasions)
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pat steaks dry with paper towel and season with garlic powder and pepper. I always wait to salt my steaks until they’re done, and it is important not to salt grass-fed organic meat before it is cooked.
- Preheat outdoor grill to high heat and begin grilling steak. Cook the meat roughly five minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
- While the meat is cooking, in a small saucepan melt the butter over medium heat. Ad garlic butter and minced garlic and sauté for several minutes so the garlic gets sweet. Set aside and wait for the steaks to be done.
- Once the steaks are done, remove them from the grill and brush the tops liberally with the garlic butter. Allow them to rest 2-3 minutes before serving.