While dealing with my recent stomach issues, I’ve been on a very strict candida-cleanse type diet. I’ve had to adapt my diet quite a bit, but while doing so, have been creating some pretty tasty recipes! This breakfast bowl is a delicious and nutritious way to start the day. Chock full of good proteins and fats, it will provide you with a ton of energy without a sugar boost or carb overload! This recipe makes enough for a whole week of quinoa breakfast bowl, check it out and let me know what you think in the comments below!
- 1.25 Cup Uncooked White Quinoa
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 2 cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 4 tbsp. Coconut Butter
- 1/2 cup Crushed Almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 3 tbsp. Hemp Seeds
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 20-30 Stevia Drops (taste it after 20 and add sparingly)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Rinse uncooked quinoa in a bowl several times, and let it soak once rinsed for 2-4 hours.
- In a large saucepan, mix quinoa, 1/2 cup of water, 2 tbsp. coconut oil, and 2 cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Once quinoa is done cooking, leave it on the stove for 15-30 minutes until it cools down a bit.
- Add coconut butter, crushed almonds, unsweetened shredded coconut, hemp seeds, cinnamon, cardamom, salt, stevia, and vanilla extract to cooked quinoa. Mix together thoroughly.
- Put into tupperware and you have breakfast for all week. To reheat, simply scoop out how much you want to eat, and add 1/4-1/2 cup of coconut or almond milk before microwaving!