- 1 bunch of asparagus, cleaned
- 1 lb small brussels sprouts, cut in half and cleaned
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Put cleaned asparagus on cookie sheet and spread out in one even layer.
- Pour about 2 tbsp. olive oil over asparagus and sprinkle with half the salt and pepper
- Put cleaned brussels sprouts in a bowl and drizzle remaining olive oil over them. Stir them around in the bowl until all the brussels sprouts are evenly coated. Then spread them out on a cookie sheet (can be shared with the asparagus, see note below though)
- Sprinkle remaining salt and pepper over the brussels sprouts.
- Move the asparagus and brussels sprouts around the tray a little to ensure even coating of oil and seasonings.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes at 450 degrees until the asparagus and brussels sprouts looks crispy, but not burned.
Note: The time of cooking may vary based on the size of your asparagus or brussels sprouts. For example, if you have very skinny little asparagus and big fat brussels sprouts, they won’t have the same cook time. In this case, I’d put the veggies on separate trays and cook the brussels sprouts for 45 minutes and the asparagus for 15-20. Use your judgement and keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.