First of all, organic farm-raised bacon is one of the best things I’ve tasted in my whole entire life. Friends and family, don’t be surprised if there’s a pound of bacon in your stocking at Christmas this year. =P I don’t know why organic farm-raised bacon tastes so much better than regular store-bought bacon, but it does. I’m sure it has something to do with the fact that the pigs from Da-Le-Ranch have no added hormones or steroids in their food, instead they are fed what they’d eat naturally – fruit, vegetables, and grass. I may sound like a hippie, but this bacon is to die for.
John and I decided to enjoy our bacon with some frozen tater tots and a delicious egg scramble. The bacon was easy to cook; we just stuck it in a frying pan like any other bacon, and cooked it over medium heat until it was crispy. We merely followed the directions on the package for the tots, and the eggs were a synch. The meal was so delicious and easy that I felt the need to share it. It’s pretty basic, so even those of you who aren’t pros in the kitchen can still give it a whirl!
Easy Egg Scramble
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. diced onion
- 3 tbsp. diced green pepper
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 handful of small-leaf baby spinach
- 5 large eggs
- Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Warm coconut oil in a medium skillet, and add onion, green pepper, and garlic. Sauté until the onions are translucent and the garlic smells sweetly fragrant.
- Add spinach to sautéed veggies and stir. Once the spinach begins to wilt and cook down, scramble the eggs with a fork and add them to the skillet with the rest of the vegetables.
- Cook for several minutes until the eggs are cooked through and serve while warm. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese if you’d like, or enjoy dairy-free.
Some more pictures of farm-raised organic bacon from another morning! YUM!