A few weeks ago, John and I treated ourselves to a really nice dinner of organic farm-raised ribs. We used a Memphis Style Ribs Rub as our inspiration and they ended up turning out really well. The meat fell right off the bones it was so tender! We enjoyed our ribs with some steamed broccoli and brown rice.
Memphis Style Ribs Rub
- ¼ cup paprika
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. cayenne
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix spices together in a small bowl. Pat the ribs dry and spread the spice mixture evenly on them. Let them sit until the rib appears moist.
- Place rubbed ribs meat side down in a dish. Cover with aluminum and put in the oven. If the ribs are small, cook for 3-3.5 hours, while if they’re large, wait 4 hours.
- Drain off drippings and flip ribs using two spatulas so the meat side is up.
- You can spread BBQ sauce or extra rub on the ribs at this time, but you don’t have to. Return to the oven uncovered for 20-30 more minutes.