- 2 lb. bag of baby red potatoes, cleaned and cut into quarters
- ¼-½ cup milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup butter
- salt to season
- Bring potatoes to boil in a pot of salted water, and once boiling, reduce to simmer and cook until tender when poked with a fork (30-45 minutes)
- Once they are soft, strain the potatoes and place them back in the pot.
- Add milk, heavy cream, and butter to potato chunks and mash. If the potatoes are too thick, feel free to add more milk or heavy cream if necessary.
- Season with salt to taste, but keep in mind that the chicken gravy is going to be very salty, so you’ll want to keep the potatoes a little less salty. If you aren’t serving these mashed potatoes with chicken gravy, season with salt to taste.