One of my favorite new recipes is Halibut Fish Tacos and Salad. It’s an incredibly healthy recipe, and one that is not only Gluten Free, but also Candida cleanse friendly. Since my current diet is pretty bland, I love whipping up this quick and easy dish. Fish is also incredibly healthy for you, and in San Diego the fish tastes incredibly fresh, so it’s truly a win-win for all!
While on my current diet, I indulge in the Halibut Fish Salad, while John opts for his in taco form. The ingredients and recipe are pretty much the same for both, aside from the addition of corn tortillas for the tacos. Hope you enjoy this one as much as we do! I adapted the recipe from a candida cleanse website, The Whole Journey.
- ¾ lb. Fresh Halibut
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic
- 1 tsp. Himalayan Pink Salt
- Pat fish dry with paper towels and season both sides with spices and garlic.
- Head grill to medium high and cook the fish for about 4 minutes each side. It is done when the fish flakes apart easily with a fork.
- 1 small head of green cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix everything into a bowl and dress with the lime juice, olive oil, and salt. Add olive oil slowly, you don’t want to add too much.
Additional (Optional) Ingredients:
- Corn Tortillas
- Chopped Avocado
- Fresh Salsa
- Black Olives