One of my favorite home-style recipes that my mom used to make for me as a child was lasagna. Now that I cook for myself, I’ve taken her recipe and adapted it to fit my gluten free lifestyle. I must admit, it’s quite good, and you can’t even tell the difference! With just a small switch of traditional pasta, to my favorite GF brand, Tinkyada, I am able to still enjoy one of my favorite pasta dishes – without the stomachache! :) Give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Gluten Free Lasagna
- 2 boxes lasagna noodles (I use gluten free Tinkyada)
- 2 jars of traditional spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. ricotta
- 1 lb. mozzarella
- 3 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Bring water and olive oil to a boil and cook lasagna as per the directions on the box.
- Spread some sauce in the bottom of a 9”x13”x2” baking dish and cover with a layer of the cooked lasagna noodles.
- Place layer of mozzarella and ricotta over lasagna. Add another layer of sauce.
- Continue to arrange layers of sauce, noodles, ricotta and mozzarella, finished with a layer of lasagna.
- Smooth some sauce over the last layer of noodles and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cover with aluminum and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-45 minutes.