While working full time, it’s often hard to make the time to cook a full, balanced dinner. and for some of us females, the pressure to do so, especially when you have families to feed, is a bit stressful! This is why I simply love crock pot recipes and think that every person should bite the bullet and clear out a little cabinet space for this kitchen staple. they aren’t even expensive! I spent $30 on mine; it’s a great crock pot, and fits seven quarts! Seven quarts is the perfect size to double recipes and freeze leftovers!
This recipe below is not only simple, but it would be a great one to freeze if you have extras or want to double it. I always freeze recipes like this, and when the time comes, I just defrost the Tupperware and make some pasta or rice and a veggie to complement the dish.
I put this recipe in the crock-pot before leaving for work the other day and came home to a steaming beef stew that was ready to be eaten! There’s nothing better than a dinner that requires little to no prep when getting home from work!
We enjoyed our Burgundy Beef with rice, since I am gluten free, but it would be delicious over some egg noodles as well. I made this recipe with broccoli, but think a variety of different vegetables would complement it nicely.
Crock Pot Burgundy Beef
- 2 1/4 – 2 1/2 lb. Pot Roast
- 1 Onion, diced
- 16 oz. White sliced mushrooms
- 2 (12 oz.) Cans or containers cream of mushroom soup (I used Pacific Organic Cream of Mushroom Soup because it is gluten free)
- 1/4 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
- Trim fat and cut the meat into 1-inch chunks. Place cut meat into crock pot.
- Stir in diced onions, sliced mushrooms, the cream of mushroom soup, and the wine. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8 hours.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles or rice.