One of John’s favorite recipes that I make is Pasta and Clam Sauce. And I don’t mind in the least that it’s one of his frequent requests, because it’s exceptionally easy to make! I usually double the below recipe for one pound of pasta, because we like it extra clammy and saucy =P Lately, we’ve been serving this over my favorite brand of Gluten Free Pasta – Tinkyada. It’s awesome gluten-free pasta that proclaims “not mushy”, and after trying it, I’d have to agree! (Many gluten-free pastas are very “mushy” and don’t have a similar consistency to wheat pasta). Maybe you should give it a try when you try making the clam sauce!
- 8 tbsp. butter, divided into 2 tbsp. and 6 tbsp.
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 2 cans of chopped clams, one drained, one not
- Melt 2 tbsp. of butter in skillet and saute with garlic and onion until the veggies are soft.
- Once the onions are translucent and soft, add the remaining 6 tbsp. of butter, parsley, and cans of clams (remember to drain one can, but not the other).
- Cook until clams are hot, but do not overcook, as the clams get chewy.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti.